A bit of planning will go a long way toward having a stress free wedding. After all, this will be the most important day of your life. Take a look below for a plan to keep you on track right up to your wedding day.
6-12 Months Prior to Your Wedding
- Determine the size and type of event you will be having. Also, get a firm hold on the number of guests you will be entertaining.
- Set your budget. Many times this is the most difficult thing to do.
- If you are using a wedding planner, this is the time to choose and hire him/her.
- Pin down the date, time and location of your wedding and get contracts signed. This will lock in the site for your wedding and reception.
- Decide on the location for your rehearsal dinner and make your reservations.
- Choose your bridesmaids and groomsmen. Also decide on your officiant.
- Shop for your wedding rings.
- Shop for and select your wedding dress and the bridesmaids dresses.
- Book your photographer and/or videographer, florist, caterer and entertainment.
- Put together your guest list for the wedding and the reception.
- Mail out save the date cards to any guests that live out of town.
- Reserve a block of rooms for your out of town guests.
4-6 Months Prior to the Wedding
- Have your engagement photo taken and send it with your wedding announcement to your local newspaper.
- If you are having an engagement party, mail the invitations.
- Order your announcements, invitations programs and wedding stationary.
- Go over any final decisions with your wedding planner.
- Have your grooms and his groomsmen measured for their tuxedos and get them ordered.
- Do the final fittings for the bridesmaids gowns and purchase their shoes.
- Purchase any special items such as unity candles, favors, etc.
- Sign up for your gift registry at your chosen stores.
- Schedule your wedding day transportation.
- Make your reservations for your honeymoon.
3-5 Months Prior to Your Wedding
- Make sure you have your birth certificates (for the marriage license)
- Obtain the needed forms for a name change (driver's license, SS cards, banks, credit cards, etc.)
- Purchase your wedding rings and have them engraved if you have chosen to do so.
- Order your wedding flowers and bouquets.
- Choose and order your wedding cake.
- Select your bridesmaids gifts and have your groom choose gifts for his groomsmen.
- Finalize the guest list.
- Address and stamp your invitations.
- Finalize the menu for your reception.
- Book hair and makeup appointments for yourself and your bridal party.
- Confirm your entertainment (DJ or musicians) and discuss any special music choices.
1-2 Months Prior to Your Wedding
- Apply for your marriage license.
- Mail your invitations.
- Attend any bridal showers.
- Have final fittings for you and your wedding party.
- Schedule your wedding portrait sitting.
- Get the final guest count to your caterer.
1 Week Prior to Your Wedding
- Pack for the honeymoon.
- Make a checklist of things you will need for the ceremony and reception.
- Confirm with your florist, photographer, entertainment, etc. if you do not have a wedding planner.
1 Day Prior to Your Wedding
- Put together an emergency kit (makeup, hairspray, extra pantyhose, aspirin, sewing kit, safety pins, etc.)
- Attend and enjoy your rehearsal and dinner.
- Relax! Maybe go to the spa or have a massage.
- Go to bed early (even if you think you can't sleep).
Your Wedding Day
- Be sure to eat. You will need your strength and if will help if you are nervous.
- Get your hair and makeup done.
- Allow yourself plenty of time to get dressed.
- Enjoy your day!!!
Tags: wedding checklist, wedding gown, bridesmaids gowns, wedding rings